Ready to Work is San Antonio’s premier training and employment program, offering over 28,000 San Antonio residents the following benefits over the next 5 years:
- Tuition for:
- High-school equivalency;
- Industry-recognized certifications;
- Associate’s degrees; and
- Bachelor’s degrees;
- Support services and emergency assistance to ensure training completion; and
- Job placement and retention services.
Approved courses are aligned with targeted occupations in high-demand, well-paid careers.
The qualifications for the program are:
- At least 18 years old;
- Permitted to work in the United States;
- Resident of San Antonio;
- Willing to take assessments related to workforce readiness; and
- Household income may not exceed 250% of federal poverty guidelines, which are periodically updated. View the guidelines here.
Residents can easily enroll through any of the following three options:
- Online: Visit readytoworksa.com.
- Phone: Call 3-1-1 and ask for Ready to Work.
- In Person: Visit Alamo Colleges District, Project Quest, Restore Education or Workforce Solutions Alamo or view more locations here.
Employers can sign up to take the Ready to Work Employer Pledge, to participate and provide the resources and information to help our residents gain the skills and jobs that will provide them economic mobility.
The 311 Call Center at 311 or 210-207-6000 is open daily from 7am-7pm and by pressing 1 for urgent animal care, road/traffic concerns or weather related emergencies until 11pm.