The STEARs (State of Texas Emergency Assistance Registry) program is a free registry that provides local emergency planners and emergency responders with additional information on the needs in their community. Texas communities use the registry information in different ways. Registering yourself in the STEARs registry DOES NOT guarantee that you will receive a specific service during an emergency. Available services will vary by community.
Who should register?
- People with Disabilities
- People with access and functional needs such as:
- People who have limited mobility
- People who have communication barriers
- People who require additional medical assistance during an emergency event
- People who require transportation assistance
- People who require personal care assistance
Register by calling 211 or online at State of Texas Emergency Assistance Registry.
More about STEARs.