COVID-19 (formerly known as Coronavirus) is a virus that causes respiratory illness in people and can spread
- The Six Practical COVID-19 prevention tips:
The best way to prevent infection is to take precautions to avoid exposure to this virus, which are similar to the precautions you take to avoid the flu. CDC always recommends these everyday actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
View information on COVID-19 testing here.
If you need additional information call the COVID-19 hotline at 210-207-5779. (Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m, Saturday & Sunday 8:00am-12:00pm) or email.
More about COVID-19 and Community Impact.
Visit SACRD for other social service needs during this time.